1973 01 01 neliko tonzūros, bet pijusė liko.
Šis planas atsidūrė ... ties „liepto pabaiga".
In 1973 Rabbi Schneerson announced his Hanukkah-awareness campaign, encouraging his followers and emissaries to reach out to their fellow Jews and give them the opportunity to kindle the Hanukkah lights. That year they distributed some 60,000 tin menorahs. In 1974, in continuation of Rabbi Schneerson's Hanukkah awareness campaign, when Rabbi Abraham Shemtov kindled a menorah at the foot of the Liberty Bell at Independence Hall. The following year, in 1975, rock promoter Bill Graham sponsored Chabad's menorah in San Francisco.
Since 1974, the concept of public menorahs has expanded. In 1979, President Jimmy Carter participated in the lighting of the public menorah erected by Chabad. In 2013, Chabad planned 15,000 public menorah lighting events across the globe. And in 2014, the public menorah in Washington, D.C. was kindled by Vice President Joe Biden.
Scholars have cited this initiative by Rabbi Schneerson as a prime factor in Hanukkah becoming such a widely celebrated festival.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center (often abbreviated SWC), with headquarters in Los Angeles, California, United States, was established in 1977 and named for Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal.
P.S. Ta proga - 1881:
Man from Lithuania?