What may be its first published use within a text composed in English, is in an editor's note in the London Morning Chronicle, 7 January 1802, reporting the arrest by Napoleon
- A quick, brilliant, and highly successful act; a triumph. [quotations ▼]
- (US, historical, of Native Americans) A blow against an enemy delivered in a way that shows bravery. [quotations ▼]
- A coup d'état. [quotations ▼]
- (by extension) A takeover of one group by another.
- A single roll of the wheel at roulette, or a deal in rouge et noir.
Now we are approaching at breakneck speed
a CIA coup in the USA?
The CIA has long engineered coups in other countries.
Attempted Coups & Succesful Coups.
Ir apibrėžimas, ir technologijos paaiškinimas, skant:)