2018-08-12

Edward Snowden nepasitiki Microsoft'u


NSA
whistleblower Edward Snowden
attended the Free Software Foundation LibrePlanet 2016 conference remotely from Russia to discuss the advantages of free applications, explaining that he couldn’t trust Microsoft software when revealing government’s surveillance programs in 2013.

Snowden pointed out that his only fear regarding Microsoft software was that a backdoor
was installed by the company in its software, so he instead preferred to turn to free solutions to blow the whistle about the NSA. To be clear, Snowden emphasized that he never knew whether there are any backdoors in Microsoft products, only that he was afraid to use them for such an important thing.

I didn’t use Microsoft machines when I was in my operational phase, because I couldn’t trust them. Not because I knew that there was a particular back door or anything like that, but because I couldn’t be sure,” he was quoted as saying by ITProPortal.

Komentarų nėra: